On Saturday 27 December 2008, Dvir Volk wrote:
> why not plug them to the A/V out of the yes box? that's how i watch TV
> on my machine.
Are you saying that I'm wrong in assuming that my existing analogue cards
won't work with YES?

> since you won't be able to tune anyway (apart from setting an IR
> device to control the yes box), why waste money on new cards?
OK - but as a YES subscriber, is there any way to tune from Linux? I use Xawtv
and kdetv applications and with my current setup - HOT - I can choose
channels from the application. Of course, today I don't have a HOT "MEMIR"
but connect the TV cards directly to the wall socket (HOT antenna) and I do
realize that as a YES subscriber, I would have to connect to the "MEMIR".

> I doubt the quality difference is worth it.
quality is not an issue - I just want to watch TV in a window, on a small part
of the screen, while working, browsing etc.