On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 07:13:15AM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 11:23:06PM +0200, Shlomo Solomon wrote:

Are you saying that I'm wrong in assuming that my existing analogue cards won't work with YES?

YES. Well, actually probably. It depends upon the outputs the decoder box
has the inputs the card has.

To amplify it, the analog cards I have have

1. RF (tuner)
2. Composite video (RCA jack for video) (one card)
3. S-Video (also accepts Composite video)

The YES boxes I have have outputs:

RF (channel 60, can be changed via menu)
Composite (RCA).
S-VIDEO (SCART).

My YES MAX does not have an RF output.

My HOT boxes have Composite and S-Video, but no RF. They do have an RF
passthrough for the analog channels that are on the cable. This includes
several stations of FM radio (galgalatz, kol hamusica, BBC) and Channels
1,2,10, FOX, Hot movies (only 1 channel), and lots of things I would never
watch.
Note that there is a new law coming into effect Jan 1, regulating contract
length and cancelation, etc. If you sign up before then, you have to
stick with the old rules.
Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel g...@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM