On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 08:57:06AM +0200, sammy ominsky wrote:
> On 08/02/2009, at 08:23, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>
>> Anyone who got spam from "Rinat Zoref" and kept it is welcome to email
>> me in private.
>> Also, anyone who got spam from "divur.lasakim", likewise.
>> And, whatever you do, KEEP THOSE EMAILS. I keep all of the Hebrew (and
>> Israeli) spam I get.
>
> Why keep them?  Is there really any way to benefit from this, or is it a
> terrible waste of time.  Should I stop filtering out Hebrew/Israeli
> spam?  I get a LOT of it, because my company runs public mailing lists
> for many, many yeshivot and their divrei torah programs.

Shachar seems to suggest that this might be used for a small claims
court case in which the spammer may be sued for up to 1000 NIS per
email.

Slightly off-topic: I got annoyed by political spam that was sent to my
work address (at least 4 messages, with a considerable size) Result:
blacklisted mailing list messages from their provider (and notified them
as well).

While it might be legal, I personally find this behaviour unacceptable.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best