On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:18:58 +0200
Noam Rathaus <no...@beyondsecurity.com> wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> I will start with thanking you for giving the other alternative - I believe
> though that those are not very good alternatives, as you stated they mainly
> talk about "phone" oriented services, rather than Internet oriented
> services - I didn't see any mentioning of HOT aren't they a good alternative
> (never tried them)?

Hot is not an ISP they are infrastructure, so they are posed against bezeq, not
internet zahav/bezeq int and I'm not sure who's who of the others (there are
more names than actual companies if I'm not mistaken).

As a infrastructure, I've heard horrors about trying to disconnect and they did
play a dirty trick with me when connecting regarding connection charges (make
sure that if they tell on the phone that the connection is free that it is
actually free). I've also had some line problems but mostly with the phone,
can't recall much problems with the Internet infrastructure. On the upside they
sent a guy every time we had problems (regrettably a few) trying to solve the
connection issue, they've replaced two phone modems, one Internet modem, and
couple of splitters all at no cost at my house. They have also been very
helpful over the phone trying to solve problems (one time the technician
brought a new modem but didn't have a power supply and I had to leave so he
left the modem, came back when I wasn't there, let the power supply in through
the cat's door and when there was a problem with the registration of the modem
the girl from support did everything over the phone without telling me to wait
for a call back (I did have to call back since I didn't have the right
authentication details at first but I don't hold that against them). and I'm
not a cable subscriber, just phone (almost no bill) and Internet (only 750kb),
plus I live somewhat out off the main roads so I'm not what you would call a
very attractive customer.

As a contrast, what I mentioned in earlier post, my neighbor is connected to
nezeq, they weren't too helpful over the phone, tried to convince me that the
wrong things are at fault and sent  a 70 year old woman 45 minutes by three
buses to replace a modem that may or may not be at fault to make sure that it
is not the line and that they need to send a technician.

As for the internet provider, I'm connected through barak. Mostly parve, I have
the occational off time and at the time when my router was a beige g3 mac
running debian stable they had no idea how to help since it wasn't windows and
thus they couldn't look up the error code in the book because it wasn't
indexed according to exact errors ... but they usually tried usually

Had a terrible experience with 012 a few years back when most of the world was
still connected with 56k modems but I don't know where they are now.