Gabor,

Those two are great packages, but they don't get a more frequent
progressbar than that which is spit out by Nmap, which is problematic
if you want to show it more "interactively" to the user.

BTW:
1) the first one has several bugs, for example it gets stuck as it
waits for the IO which never comes :D - but it is easy to fix... just
remove the $error join which is found in the Parser
2) the second one is synchronic only (doesn't support asynchronic),
which is problematic