On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 03:44:13PM +0200, geoffrey mendelson wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2010, at 3:32 PM, ik wrote:
>>

>> But for that you need to know when is the shabat enter a specific
>> location, so you need extra program for it (even if it's pure bash),
>> to calculate the exact time it started. I think that the berkley
>> should have the exact time and date for each week for that.
>> I agree that you can execute it like so, but it requires a bit more
>> work then what you are pointing out imho.
>

> Thanks everyone for the help, this has really been an education.
>
> In my case, I have a CISCO phone on my kitchen table, which has to get
> put away when it's shabbat. So before I unplug it I can just dial some
> number, and have it go into shabbat mode. If I forget, I can go into one
> of the other rooms with a phone and do it there.
>
> It's not so much that exactly at candle lighting time (at least in my
> case) that I want the phones to go into shabbat mode, it's when I shut
> down the computers. which is often earlier. No, I don't shut down all of
> them. :-)

You can use the simple fact that the phone is not registered as your
switch. See regexten in sip.conf . Or alternatively (for Asterisk >=
1.6.0) you can use the function DEVICE_STATE from within the dialplan.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best