On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 15:09, Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:17:53PM +0200, ik wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:44, Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il>
> wrote:

> the
> can
> > >
> > > Normally the astdb is used for such persistant variables.
> > >
> > > To set:
> > >
> > >  Set(${DB(flags/shabat)=1)
> > >
> > > To reset:
> > >
> > >  DbDel(flags/shabat)
> > >
> > > To test in the dialplan: the function DB_EXISTS:
> > >
> > >  GotoIf($[${DB_EXISTS(flags/shabat)}]:context-for-shabat)
> > >

> > But that's have to be updated every week, or every X amount of time.
> > You can't automate Berkly insert/update without any AGI/AMI running at
> least
> > once, unless you know something I do not know.
>
> Sure you can:
>
>  asterisk -rx 'database put flags shabat 1'
>  asterisk -rx 'database del flags shabat'
>
> Run from cron at a time of your choosing.
>
> Likewise for global variables:
>
>  asterisk -rx 'dialplan global set IS_SHABAT 1'
>
> (In asterisk 1.4 it was 'core global ...')

But for that you need to know when is the shabat enter a specific location,
so you need extra program for it (even if it's pure bash), to calculate the
exact time it started. I think that the berkley should have the exact time
and date for each week for that.
I agree that you can execute it like so, but it requires a bit more work
then what you are pointing out imho.

> --
> Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
> http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's
> tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best
> ICQ# 16849754         |                    | friend

Ido
http://ik.homelinux.org/