At 16:28:03 on Monday Monday 08 March 2010, Arie Skliarouk
<sklia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today the clalit's login page was changed.
> Could it be the site now works from firefox?
>
> --
> Arie

I just tried to log in, and was greeted with an error message telling me
that either my TZ or password is incorrect. Because I am not a
psychiatrist dealing with disturbed minds, I cannot tell if fthat means
they have cancelled my password or their logon procedure has determined
that I am not friendly with Bill Gates.

I have been fighting with Maccabi for years, since the online facilirty
was introduced. As I age, I become progressively more interested in being
ab le to check lab results from the comfort of my home.

For a long time, the trained seal that responds to messages to Online told
me simply that the management was aware that not all members had access
to what was touted as a service for all, and that they didn't really
care. Then, not long ago, one of my periodic queries got me the
information that non-Redmond browsers could now be accomodated (GOOD
NEWS!), and I was able to get lab results. After a few months, when I had
some more tests, access was denied. Another email brought me the news
that Internet Explorer was again the Golden Browser, and nothing else
would do; the unbelievable reason I got was that it had been found that
only Internet Explorer had been shown to be adequately secure. I am not
making this up.

I then wrote to the management, expressing my opinion that the real reason
was that the amateurs responsible for maintaining the website had learned
in a Microsoft course how to code websites, and simply didn't know how to
do this without Microsoft "enhancements", which was a very poor reason
for trying to force sick members into using Windows. I added that many
sites on the "Net somehow managed to remain sicure even without
insisteing on Internet Explorer. Unsurprisingly, I did not receive a
reply.

If anyone has a potentially successful plan for forcing Maccabi toget off
their duff and employ a competent web designer, I want to participate to
the limit of my ability. My guess is that a good way to proceed might be
to interest a lawyet in the matter, because it is clear that the
orgainization is not behaving fairly with all its members, but has
introduced an irrelevant criterion for use of the website. It should not
be very difficult to find a lawyer with enough "Net-related vocabulary to
make a case before the managelment, and even before a Magistrate's Court
(בית משפט השלום).

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 18:53, Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > As a workaround, have you tried using the following Greasemonkey
> >
> > userscript?
> >
> > > http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/51494
> >
> > No, and I won't. The more we bend over backwards to support these
> > non-IE sites, the less reason they have to fix them. There is a
> > problem and it needs a fix, not a workaround.
> >

> > --
> > Dotan Cohen
> >
> > http://what-is-what.com
> > http://gibberish.co.il