On 07/05/2010 09:11 AM, Ori Idan wrote:
Thank you very much for converting it to an open format.
I have read the first part and find it written very easy to read, I
liked it and will continue to read the rest.
However in the first paragraph you said that someone coming from Windows
will have the filling of going back in time, I don't understand why?

I agree with Ori on both counts: Easy to read, but get rid of the "going back in time" part. Even if the CLI is an older interface, the tone is almost apologetic.

I always tell my students not to start a presentation by apologizing for all the stuff they meant to have but ran out of time, or all the features that worked last night and broke since then.

Just state clearly what it is. Avoid comparisons. We are not trying to prove that Linux is better than Windows on every feature and function. They are different, for different purposes and different users.

If someone has picked up this book, they clearly already have an inclination to Linux. Accept this as a given, and proceed from there.

I like it, and I will read more.

Oh, and thanks for converting to ODT. DOC is just wrong in principle for this sort of work.