On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:30:56PM +0300, shimi wrote:

> When you import CSV data in Excel through the Text Import Wizard (Data ->
> External Data -> From Text) [1], one the options there is to state "File
> origin", which is basically a list of all the encodings Windows(R) supports.
> If you tell the importer which encoding it is, and he selects the right
> option (and of course , I *think* it should work.

You had the data in a well-defined format. But now you need a "wizard"
to tell what it is? And no one is sure what the format is?

Why not export the data as a spreadsheet?

This does not require OO.o or anything similar. For instance:

  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Spreadsheet::SimpleExcel

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is