Hi Muli,

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 05:30:12PM +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 05:11:34PM +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:
> > Are you interested in processing horsepower, or storage?
>
> Mostly processing, although storage is also interesting.

Then you should go for the Coretx-A8/A9 based chips. You can have a
Beagleboard (TI OMAP based) for about $150. I don't know who sells them in
Israel though.

> > The closest thing to "server" in the ARM world is probably a NAS
> > box. See arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Kconfig in a recent kernel for a
> > list of some things, including QNAP and LaCie offerings. Since these
> > are all ARMv5 chips with VIVT cache, their processing capabilities
> > are seriously limited.
>
> Thanks for the tip. Any recommendation on where to buy on these boards
> in Israel?

I have no personal experience, bug Zap is you friend.

QNAP: http://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c-harddrive&db187326=1286371
LaCie: http://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=c-harddrive&db187326=1570185

baruch

--