Ok, finished! (at least in terms of hardware "research")

The Tehila project suggest 5 card readers which are "supported" by them
(well, someone will support, maybe, Tehila doesn't know how to support
people), you can see the list here:
http://www.gov.il/FirstGov/smartCard/business/businessStart/

<http://www.gov.il/FirstGov/smartCard/business/businessStart/>I won't look
at the serial and PCMCIA solutions cause everyone got USB these days, so
we're left with 3 cards:

1. Athena ASE llle USB - this card is fully supported under Linux. You can
download it's driver (fully open source), run configure, make, make install
and thats it. I think it's already included on some recent distribution, but
even if it's not, it takes 1 minute to compile & install.
2. SCM SCR3310 - This card uses a *binary only* library (scmccid) which it
has some hard-coded library path inside it (some developers should be
shot!). Avoid this card if you prefer not to mess with binary only stuff.
Please note: it's not binary only kernel driver, only user level shared
library.
3. GemPlus GemPC Twin - This one is the nicest. You don't need any special
drivers. If you're distribution is pretty modern, it should have the driver
for it inside the kernel and it would be auto recognize it when you connect
it to your machine.

Amos - I assume that OS X has PC/SC support inside, so you should have out
of the box support on your Mac on 1 and 3. Funny thing: Number 2 driver got
this on it's Info.plist file:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>

Thats - for the kernel stuff. User level stuff - that I need to research a
bit...

Thanks,
Hetz

2010/11/14 Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@gmail.com>

> How is the market share of Apple in Israel these days? Their distrobutors
> should be interested in this issue as well.
>
> On 15/11/2010 7:14 AM, "Ori Idan" <o...@helicontech.co.il> wrote:
>
> No, I do not think the people from Tehila will help me.
> I did this only to let them know that people use other operating systems.
> I hope that other people will do that too.
> I did search the net and found that they use card readers by some know
> manufacturers see for example:
> http://www.scmmicro.com/security/view_product_en.php?PID=4
>
> --
> Ori Idan
>

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <het...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ori,
> >
> > You really...

*חץ בן חמו
חץ-ביז (הוסטינג)
*השכרה ואירוח של שרתים פיזיים
השכרת שרתים וירטואליים מקצועיים וגדולים במחירים *קטנים*
בקרו באתרנו בכתובת hetz.biz <http://www.hetz.biz/> ובבלוג שלנו:
blog.hetz.biz
טלפוןן: 0783333113/4/5, אימייל: sa...@hetz.biz
מסנג'ר: sa...@hetz.biz - סקייפ: heunique