On Sunday 29 May 2011 at 20:44:24 (GMT+2) Gabor Szabo
<szab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM, geoffrey mendelson
>
> <geoffreymendel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > if you go back to his writings, he's been anti-Israel and
> > pro-Palestinain since the days of Ariel Sharon. If you google him,
> > you find that he espouses those views even now.
>
> On the HaMakor list someone already made a similar claim. I searched
> and have not found anything blatantly anti-israeli. He points out
> various things I don't like
> to hear about Israel but that does not make those points incorrect.
> I am sure you will now reply with a lits of links to his posts,
> otherwise people might think you are just making empty accusations.
>
> Gabor

Please enlighten me: When he says that the reason Israel doesn't fortify
the "border" with the PA, but instead puts up a fence (the one that the
PA calls 'Die WAAAALL") specifically to separate Palestinians from their
lands, that is not blatantly anti-Israel? That doesn't project the image
of the diabolical Jew? In my naivete, I would have thought otherwise.

Why I said it was twisted is that the fence is, of course, a
fortification, and it exists for reasons not unlike those for which
fences are generally erected. He must surely know about suicide
bombings, thousands of mortar bombs and rockets on civilians, etc., but
he can't connect them with the idea that a fortification of some sort
might be in order, so the fence must be part of a nefarious plan of the
"kikes" to steal property?

Why would anybody want to listen to this man? Do you think he would
stand in front of an Israeli audience and not lecture it on the criminal
way Israel treats peaceful terrorists? And everybody in the audience
would try to be civilized, not to argue with him, to be unpleasant, and
he, I guarantee you, would have an answer to everything, precisely
because he knows nothing about what he is saying. You would all go home
afterward with heartburn.

Where is this man from? I understand him to be a Brit, is that right? So
he reads UK periodicals, listens to BBC, is therefore inebriated with UK
anti-Semitism, and isn't bright enough (sic) to connect the anti-
Semitism that has always been endemic in the UK with what he reads about
the conflict

It's more than simply that he says things that you or I don't like.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on