Hi all,
   I need, lately, to edit Hebrew texts with vim. As most vim commands, in
normal and command modes use lower-case latin letter, which cannot be
produced when the terminal is in Hebrew chars mode, I found myself
switching all the time..
I started therefore to build a list of mappings, that would allow using
these commands, without switching.
   I guess that I am not the first one, on this list who stumbled against
this problem. I would like to hear from others' experience.
Here is the list of mappings that I use for now:

cmap A a
cmap B b
cmap C c
cmap D d
cmap E e
cmap F f
cmap G g
cmap H h
cmap I i
cmap J j
cmap K k
cmap L l
cmap M m
cmap N n
cmap O o
cmap P p
cmap Q q
cmap R r
cmap S s
cmap T t
cmap U u
cmap V v
cmap W w
cmap X x
cmap Y y
cmap Z z
map  A a
map  D d
map  C<end> D ;this is the latest addition, not tried yet
map  E e
map  F f
map  I i
map  M m
map  N n
map  ? N
map  O o
map  Q q
map  R r
map  U u
map  W w
map  X x
map  Y y

...I thought that I had found, at long last, a useful way to use the Caps
Lock key...But it doesn't work...

Cheers, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending Excel or Powerpoint attachments to this address.