On Tue, Feb 14, 2012, Daniel Shahaf wrote about "Re: vim mappings for Hebrew":
> :set keymap=hebrew

Indeed. Vim has a very nice feature where it can "emulate" a Hebrew
keyboard for editing, i.e., you never have to switch to Hebrew using your
normal mechanism, rather you stay in English mode, and just when you
edit vim itself will insert Hebrew letters instead of English.

I have the following setup (you can put it in ~/.profile in VIMINIT, or
in ~/.vimrc):

        map! <F12> ^[:set invhk invrl^Ma
        map  <F12> :set invhk invrl^M

Note the ^M is a carriage return. What these mappings do is that F12,
either in command or editing mode, will reverse the hebrew-keymap
property (invhk), and reverse the screen direction (invrl).

I can then edit and with F12 switch back and forth between editing
Hebrew and English, never using the systems keyboard switching
(shift-alt, or whatever).

BTW, I also have
        set guifont=heb8x13
        set guifont=-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-80-iso8859-8

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                   Tuesday, Feb 14 2012,