Nick Hill proclaimed:
> But what about the rest? Dont u think its wrong to
> advice that its not worth upgrading?

Well.  He is entitled his opinion.  Isn't he?  And besides, he did say that
he would not recommend trying out 4.X (from src) for the non-adventurous.

> Sorry if my goal
> happens to be to promote Linux, but i kinda like the
> idea of Linux taking over the desktop market. No
> commercial interest in here (heck i'm 17).

Look at it this way.  You strongly recommend Linux + XFree86 4.0 for
someone because you want one more desktop running Linux.  The recommendee
becomes disillusioned because they are first unable to configure it and
even when they do they get poor resolution etc.  The recommendee would
probably be twice as shy to try of Linux on their desktop again.

For newbies it is always better to wait for your distribution to package
any software.

Thaths
--
"Just go ahead and sue me! Everybody else does. The average settlement
                 is $68,000." -- Homer J. Simpson