Hi Ankit,
As I have already told u that if u want to write a CD, please compile ur
kernel with ide/atapi off and SCSI emulation on. With this kernel u can
access ur CDROM device as a SCSI device using the SCSI entry in /dev/

Don't forget to check the device number using the following --
        cdrecord -scanbus

Archan Paul
Lateral Linux Labs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ankit Jain wrote:

> I have already tried the cd-writin how-to. but no help
>
> If i compile the kernel with ide/atapi cdrom support OFF , then how wud i
> access the cdrom drive?? Can't i use both at the same time??
>
> -
>
> Archan Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > First compile ur kernel for SCSI emulation ON and ide/atapi cdrom
> > support
> > OFF. Then boot from the kernel and use cdrecord to write.

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.