On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 05:37:01PM +0530, Dr. S.K. singh wrote:
> Hi all,
>        I have been using 10 MBPS hubs in my intranet and Redhat 6.1
> SuSe 6.3 servers. Recently i purchased Baynetwork 10/100 MBPs switches
> (5). My servers have Intel ether express 10/100 MB cards.
>
> Problem
>
> Switch detucts cards as 100 MB half duplex when in autonegotiation mode
> but server is not vsisble on net/intranet and it also does not ping to any
> one except by itself.
>
>       When i disable autonegotiation mode of switch and keep it as 10
> MBPS it works and visible on intranet. I have tried forcing eth card in
> 100 MPBS half/full duplex mode using insmod eepro100 but it does not work.
> I have checked cables and replaced crads tooooo.
>

>       As servers are working on 10 MBPS my expendeture on switches seems
> to going waste or I have to replce reputed Intel Ether cards with others.
>
> Any clue form network gurus
>

> --Dr. S.K. Singh--
> --Senior Scientist--
> --Agril. Res. services--

I had serious problems with Intel eepro100 AOL cards.
All Cards used to report same MAC address with the default
driver even in kernel 2.2.14.

Download the latest driver and recompile your kernel.
The driver is available at
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html

Probably your problems will go away.

--
Venkatesh. K
Systems Engineer

Indus Valley
Bangalore

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.