Biju Chacko wrote:

> It basically uses the settings in lilo.conf to write the OS loader code
> (the actual lilo) to the location (MBR/boot sect) you specifed . AFAIK,
> it is not mandatory that it the OS loader should be in the MBR. It can
> be in the boot sector of your / partition, or some other less obvious
> places. Check the lilo docs. IIRC, there is an excellent explaination
> of these concepts there.

Hi,

Is this statement right  :  If I have lilo in boot sector of hda2 and I have
made hda1 (say win98 is there in hda1)
as active partition, then my lilo prompt won't be displayed at boot time and I
will get win98 directly.
Then, if I make hda2 active I'll get lilo while booting and I will be able to go
to win98 (in hda1) from lilo prompt
if I  want.

Regards,
Raja.