On Tuesday 26 Jan 2010, H.S.Rai wrote:
> To access Internet on Linux loaded laptop while travelling, which
> technology and vendor's service is OK?

I've been using an el cheapo Reliance CDMA phone with a USB cable for my
travelling needs for the past 4 years or so, and had no problems with
it.  Since I don't travel much, the pre-paid plan lets me pay only for
my usage with no recurring monthly charges.  Speeds are in the region of
150 kbps, which is fine for reading mail and stuff -- not if you want to
view videos :)  Coverage is pretty good too, at least in the places I
tend to visit.

Regards,

-- Raj
--