Change your HDD mode to LBA in your BIOS

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of aditya Malik
Sent:   Sunday, February 27, 2000 8:18 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [LI] Help!

Hi

I tried to install Linux today. I have a P-166 (running at 200) w/32 MB RAM,
Seagate 2.1 GB champion drive, Cirrus Logic card. I shrunk my FAT32
partition with fips, made the required partitions for linux, and the
installation seemed to go alright.

I am using the Red Hat distribution last released on the PCQ CD.

Problem is that after all the installation LILO refuses to boot. It just
goes till L and then repeats '01 01 01 01 01..' ad infinitum.

I had faced _exactly_ the same problem middle of last year when I had tried
to install linux. That was a red hat distribution but diff. version.

Can anyone help me in this regard?
I would be grateful if anyone who is online right now could reply.

Aditya Malik
[EMAIL PROTECTED]