On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:40:35 +0100 (CET)
Jiri Kosina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
>
> > Usually filename changes are avoided. For many reasons I guess, avoid
> > breaking platforms, Makefiles..and so on.
>
> I of course assumed that you will also change the Makefile :) I don't
> think that anything else (neither kernelspace nor userspace) relies on the
> exact name of this module. Or am I wrong?

The general replies I've gotten when asking to change filenames is that they
don't want to
break back-portability or whatever. To tell you the truth im not fully in the
clear what they ment.
Perhaps that it would be harder to track changes if the filename changes, or
that if changing names was more
allowed it could cause many people to start changing stuff around.
Dmitry will certainly have a better idea.

--
Kristoffer Ericson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>