On 10 Oct 2000, Gnea wrote:

>>  Please add this to your list. Linux is unusable in these machines.
>>  I have cc'ed Martin and Linus because they play in that PCI area.
>
>erm, looking at your list it says that you're using Redhat 7.0, which
>is known to ship with a buggy gcc, which is KNOWN to do nasty things
>with kernels.
>
>Linux version 2.4.0-test9-JHS1 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc
>version 2.96 2
>0000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.0)) #2 Thu Oct 5 11:59:31 EDT 2000
>
>yeah, that pretty much sums it up right there.. you may want to try
>something else.

Once again misinformation and FUD.

On Red Hat 7.0, use "kgcc" for kernel compilation.  This is
really an FAQ...  Instead of changing distributions, try reading
manuals.

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved