}    Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:36:15 -0600
}    From: Cort Dougan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
}
}    I don't think "it's been done in UNIX before" is a
}    strong argument for something being done now :)
}
} True, but I think that "different things have different requirements"
} is a strong argument.  I merely pointed out that others did it as
} well to show that perhaps others see it this way as well :-)
}
} And BTW, you don't need to play with makefiles or use special make
} commpand line options with Alan's latest 2.2.x sources.
}
} Just spend a few moments trying to be flexible :-)

Oh, no.  I can't do that.  That might introduce me to... "new ways".

Is there any reason for changing the compilers with RedHat 7.0?  I would
RTFM if I had the FM but I'd like it if someone in-the-know would say why
the new compiler was necessary for user-land apps.  For that matter, why
does the latest GCC not work with 2.4?