On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Magnus Damm wrote:

> So linux-next fa169db2b277ebafa466d625ed2d16b2d2a4bc82 with
> 20090415/series applies without any rejects and compiles just fine for
> Migo-R. However, during runtime I experience the same problem as with
> 2.6.30-rc plus 0033->0035 + 0036 or v2:
>
> / # /mplayer -flip -vf mirror -quiet tv://
> MPlayer dev-SVN-rUNKNOWN-4.2-SH4-LINUX_v0701 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
>
> Playing tv://.
> TV file format detected.
> Selected driver: v4l2
>  name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
>  author: Martin Olschewski <olschew...@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
>  comment: first try, more to come ;-)
> v4l2: unable to open '/dev/video0': No such device or address
> v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Bad file descriptor
> v4l2: 0 frames successfully processed, 0 frames dropped.
>

> Exiting... (End of file)
> / #
>
> Removing 0036 unbreaks the code and mplayer/capture.c works as expected.
>
> I also tried out v2 of your soc-camera-platform patch but it still
> does not work.
>
> Can you please test on your Migo-R board? I'd be happy to assist you
> in setting up your environment.

I did test it and it worked - exactly as you say - with the entire patch
stack + v2 of "soc-camera: convert to platform device," the only
difference that I can see so far, is that I used modules. So, you can
either look in dmesg for driver initialisation whether ov772x and tw9910
have found theit i2c chips, or just wait until I test a monolitic build
myself. It can be problematic if the i2c-host driver initialises too
late... If you want to test a modular build it would be enough to just
have sh_mobile_ceu_camera.ko as a module, the rest can stay built in.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.