> > I think it would be even better to introduce a SSCB regmap layer
> > and use that.
>
> I'm fine with introducing a SCCB regmap layer.

I am fine with this approach, too.

> But do we need to provide both a SCCB regmap and these SCCB helpers?

I don't know much about the OV sensor drivers. I'd think they would
benefit from regmap, so a-kind-of enforced conversion to regmap doesn't
sound too bad to me.

> If we have a regmap_init_sccb(), I feel these three SCCB helper functions
> don't need to be exported anymore.

Might be true. But other media guys are probably in a better position to
comment on this?

Note that I found SCCB devices with 16 bit regs: ov2659 & ov 2685. I
think we can cover those with SMBus word accesses. regmap is probably
also the cleanest way to hide this detail?