On 00:07 Thu 21 Jan 2010, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Brandon Philips wrote:
> >
> > I have a small script I used to convert the history of libv4l to
> > git. Let me know when we are ready to drop them from the hg tree
> > and I can do the conversion and post the result for review.
> >
> > This is the result from the script for just libv4l:
> >  http://ifup.org/git/?p=libv4l.git;a=summary
>
> Seems fine, but we need to import the entire v4l2-apps.

Yes, I know. I will run the script over v4l2-apps to generate a git
repo once v4l2-apps is ready to be dropped from v4l-dvb mercurial and
we figure out the directory layout.

Doing it before is just a waste of time since they will get out of
sync.

> > Also, I suggest we call the repo v4lutils? In the spirit of
> > usbutils, pciutils, etc.
>
> Hmm... as dvb package is called as dvb-utils, it seems more logical to call it
> v4l2-utils, but v4l2utils would equally work.

Yes, that is fine.

> IMO, the better is to use v4l2 instead of just v4l, to avoid causing
> any mess with the old v4l applications provided with xawtv.

The problem I saw was that libv4l1 will be in v4l2-utils. I don't care
either way though.

So here is how I see v4l-utils.git being laid out based on what others
have said:

 libv4l1/
 libv4l2/
 libv4lconvert/
 test/
 v4l2-dbg/
 contrib/
  qv4l2-qt3/
  qv4l2-qt4/
  cx25821/
  etc... everything else

Are there things in v4l2-apps that should be imported? Other suggestions?

Cheers,

        Brandon