On 00:26 Tue 23 Feb 2010, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> >   git clone git://ifup.org/philips/create-v4l-utils.git
> >   cd create-v4l-utils/
> >   ./convert.sh
> >
> > You should now have v4l-utils.git which should have this directory
> > struture. If we need to move other things around let me know and I can
> > tweak name-filter.sh
> >
> > Thoughts? Let me know how we should proceed with dropping v4l2-apps
> > from v4l-dvb.
> >
> > Re: code style cleanup. I think we should do that once we drop
> > v4l2-apps/ from v4l-dvb and make the new v4l-utils.git upstream.
>
> Question: shouldn't we merge dvb-apps and v4l-utils? The alevtv tool was
> merged into dvb-apps, but while that tool supports dvb, it also supports
> v4l2. Just like we merged dvb and v4l in a single repository, so I think we
> should also merge the tools to a media-utils repository.
>
> It remains a fact of life that dvb and v4l are connected and trying to
> artificially keep them apart does not make much sense to me.

Easy to do but who should be the maintainer of the dvb things?

According to the wiki[1] these tools are without a maintainer. So, if
no one cares about them enough to make releases why merge them and
clutter up the git tree with dead code?

Cheers,

        Brandon

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps