On Sunday 30 May 2010 13:34:55 Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:32:07 +0200
>
> Ondrej Zary <li...@rainbow-software.org> wrote:
> > The Color Space/Compression reported by the driver is only one: RGB 24
> > The driver also uses these files which may (or may not) be related to
> > used compression: iyuv_32.dll, msh263.drv, msyuv.dll, tsbyuv.dll
> > In standalone mode, the camera records video in MJPEG format.
>
> Hello Ondrej,
>
> Bad news, the images are compressed by an unknown algorithm (unknown
> from Linux point of vue). The decompression function could be found in
> some part of the ms-win driver, but:
> - first, I have no time to search and disassemble this function,
> - then, I did have this problem with an other webcam (17a1:0118), and
>   after searching for a long time, nobody could find the function, and
>   the driver is in stand-by since 2 years,
> - eventually, is this legal?

That's bad...

The driver contains file sp5x_32.dll which is registered in system.ini file as
[drivers32]
VIDC.SP54=SP5X_32.DLL

Seems that the codec is called SP54 - hope that it's used to decompress the
data.

> All I can do is to code the driver and let you or anyone find the
> decompression function...

Maybe we can dump some data, create AVI file from that and try to decode the
file using that codec.

--
Ondrej Zary