On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:55:22 +0200
Ondrej Zary <li...@rainbow-software.org> wrote:

> That's bad...
>
> The driver contains file sp5x_32.dll which is registered in
> system.ini file as [drivers32]
> VIDC.SP54=SP5X_32.DLL
>
> Seems that the codec is called SP54 - hope that it's used to
> decompress the data.
>
> > All I can do is to code the driver and let you or anyone find the
> > decompression function...
>
> Maybe we can dump some data, create AVI file from that and try to
> decode the file using that codec.

It is easy to get images from the usbsnoop files. I join an image
extracted from your file usbsnoop-video-capture-640x480.log. If you
want more images, they are in IsoPackets. The first 2 bytes of each isoc
packet mean:
- '02 80' or '02 81': first of intermediate part of the image ('0' or
  '1' is the image sequence number)
- '02 82' or '02 83': last part of the image

Someone had an idea to try and guess the compression algorithm: do
usbsnoop's with full black and full white images. But this idea did not
work with the other webcam: the images were quite the same!

--
Ken ar c'hentaƱ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/