On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:11:59 -0500
Steven Toth <st...@kernellabs.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/10 10:54 AM, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:20:40 +0100
> > Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar <boulab...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> >> http://git.marcansoft.com/?p=libfreenect.git
> >>

> > Good, if anyone is willing to provide the hardware I think I can help
> > with a proper gspca driver (I helped with the PS3 Eye already).
[...]

> Excellent!
>
> If you are willing to donate your personal time freely to Linux then Kernel
> Labs
> are willing to assist by shipping a Kinect unit to you.
>
> Let me be clear, Kernel Labs have no commercial interest in this project. We
> simply like to encourage Linux media projects where possible. Projects like
> this
> are good for Linux and thus good for the community.

We share the same view then.

> My only requirement is that you post regular project status emails to this
> mailing list so we can all benefit from your thoughts, rants, any problems or
> comments on the project! :)

That sounds fair, emails will be. I stepped forward because even if I
don't want to invest too much time in the protocol analysis phase I can
do the integration work, so that we can get a gspca_kinect driver
eventually; if "eventually" is a good enough deadline for you as a
sponsor then we are set. Obviously with some collaboration the driver
will be delivered sooner than "eventually", and I am pretty sure that is
going to come ;)

> Drop me a private email if you're interested.

On its way.

Regards,
   Antonio

--