On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:54:58 +0100
Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar <boulab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The bounty is already taken by that developer.

Which surely deserves it :)

> But now, the Kinect thing is supported like a GPL userspace library.
> Maybe still need more work to be rewritten as a kernel module.
>
> The device has also a microphone (still need to be hacked), an
> accelerometer and even a motor/engine.
> The design should be similar to the ps3eye (but 2 video output).

PS3 Eye uses bulk transfers while I see Kinect uses iso transfers,
anyway gspca handles both so in the end, yes, the driver could be quite
similar, and the packet scanning routine could be taken from the
userspace library if the license allows that.

> The engine controller and the accelerometer needs to be adressed to
> which place ? Linux-input ?.

I think so, exposing the accelerometer as an event device sounds
natural, about the motor I still don't know. Do those show up as usb
HID devices somehow?

About integrating the audio part (which has not even been guessed yet)
is where I shamelessly show my ignorance :)

Regards,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite