Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Sakari,
>
> On Tuesday 05 April 2011 12:23:51 Sakari Ailus wrote:
>> Sakari Ailus wrote:

>>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>> Thinking about this again; there won't be a separate duration control
>
> Why not ? I think we need two timeouts, a watchdog timeout to prevent flash
> fire or meltdown, and a normal timeout to lit the flash for a user-selected
> duration.

Let's assume that an application wants to expose a frame using flash
with software strobe.

1. strobe flash
2. qbuf
3. streamon
4. dqbuf
5. streamoff
6. ...

How does an application know how long is the time between 1 -- 4? I'd
guess that in 6 the application would like to switch off the flash
instead of specifying a timeout for it.

--
Sakari Ailus
sakari.ai...@maxwell.research.nokia.com