Currently we have three repositories containing libraries and utilities that
are relevant to the media drivers:

dvb-apps (http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/)
v4l-utils (http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git)
media-ctl (git://git.ideasonboard.org/media-ctl.git)

It makes no sense to me to have three separate repositories, one still using
mercurial and one that isn't even on linuxtv.org.

I propose to combine them all to one media-utils.git repository. I think it
makes a lot of sense to do this.

After the switch the other repositories are frozen (with perhaps a README
pointing to the new media-utils.git).

I'm not sure if there are plans to make new stable releases of either of these
repositories any time soon. If there are, then it might make sense to wait
until that new stable release before merging.

Comments?