Em 07-10-2011 10:05, Hans de Goede escreveu:
Hi,

On 10/07/2011 03:02 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em 07-10-2011 03:05, Hans Verkuil escreveu:
On Friday, October 07, 2011 04:07:38 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Em 06-10-2011 14:24, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
Em 06-10-2011 10:27, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
Em 06-10-2011 09:23, Hans Verkuil escreveu:
Currently we have three repositories containing libraries and utilities that
are relevant to the media drivers:

dvb-apps (http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/)
v4l-utils (http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git)
media-ctl (git://git.ideasonboard.org/media-ctl.git)

It makes no sense to me to have three separate repositories, one still using
mercurial and one that isn't even on linuxtv.org.

I propose to combine them all to one media-utils.git repository. I think it
makes a lot of sense to do this.

After the switch the other repositories are frozen (with perhaps a README
pointing to the new media-utils.git).

I'm not sure if there are plans to make new stable releases of either of these
repositories any time soon. If there are, then it might make sense to wait
until that new stable release before merging.

Comments?

I like that idea. It helps to have the basic tools into one single repository,
and to properly distribute it.

Ok, I found some time to do an experimental merge of the repositories. It is
available
at:

http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/media-utils.git

For now, all dvb-apps stuff is on a separate directory. It makes sense to latter
re-organize the directories. Anyway, the configure script will allow disable
dvb-apps, v4l-utils and/or libv4l. The default is to have all enabled.

One problem I noticed is that the dvb-apps are at version 1.1. So, if we're
releasing a new version, we'll need to jump from 0.9 to dvb-apps version + 1.
So, IMO, the first version with the merge should be version 1.2.

Comments?

Strange:

$ git clone git://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/media-utils.git
Cloning into media-utils...

I've no problem with other git trees.

Hans,

FYI, I'm getting this when compiling from the v4l-utils tree (even before the
merge):

g++ -o qv4l2 qv4l2.o general-tab.o ctrl-tab.o v4l2-api.o capture-win.o
moc_qv4l2.o moc_general-tab.o moc_capture-win.o qrc_qv4l2.o -L/usr/lib
-L../../lib/libv4l2 -lv4l2 -L../../lib/libv4lconvert -lv4lconvert -lrt
-L../libv4l2util -lv4l2util -ldl -ljpeg -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
qv4l2.o: In function `ApplicationWindow::setDevice(QString const&, bool)':
/home/v4l/work_trees/media-utils/utils/qv4l2/qv4l2.cpp:149: undefined reference
to `libv4l2_default_dev_ops'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Yeah, that is because qmake is stupid and add /usr/lib[64] to the library path
and adds it *before* the
paths we've specified in its template, so if you've an older libv4l2 installed
in /usr/lib[64] when building
you get this.

To fix it, first do a make; make install in the lib subdir, with LIBDIR setup
up to overwrite the old version.

Didn't work, as the Fedora package installed it at /usr/lib, while make install
installed at /usr/local/lib.

(ok, I forced it anyway, by renaming the old library, but this sucks)

The right thing to do is to get rid of it from qv4l2.pro. I can see two
possible solutions:

1) add a logic at the build target that would do something like "cat qv4l2.pro|sed
s,"\-L/usr/lib",,";

2) Don't use -L for the libraries. In this case, we'll need to add some logic
to include either the .so or the
.a version of the library, depending on the type of the libraries that were
generated.

Cheers,
Mauro