Linux-Misc Digest #444, Volume #21               Wed, 18 Aug 99 05:13:16 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Linux BIGGEST Problem-Must Read (Vilmos Soti)
  ALSA (Timo Tossavainen)
  [?]mount image without device (jauming)
  Re: Cracks for Linux? (Wendell Craig)
  Re: Linux vs. Unix (Floyd Davidson)
  Help edit xterm termcap, please (Christian Reynolds)
  Re: accessing windows files under linux (Bob Nixon)
  Re: Help! AWE 32 doesn't works! ("Dirk Weißer")
  Sb16 and midi module(can't load module midi)~! (Alleyoop Sam)
  Re: ppp compression missing ("Aaron")
  Re: Cracks for Linux? (Kaz Kylheku)
  Re: Mandrake 6.0: Trouble with NFS (and FTP) install (Chris)
  Re: Cracks for Linux? (Kaz Kylheku)
  Re: Single user mode (Holger Burde)
  Re: Can I switch from OS/2 to Linux and be happy? (Baden Kudrenecky)
  Re: Can I switch from OS/2 to Linux and be happy? ("Jim Ross")
  why not C++? (Cocheese)
  Re: Tar problem with backup/restore (B'ichela)
  Re: jdk 1.1.7 ("Jamie")
  Re: ALSA (Timo Tossavainen)
  Re: Need help on installing patches.. (Mike Delaney)
  Upgrade RPM?! (Jack Zhu)
  Re: Upgrade RPM?! (Jack Zhu)

From: Vilmos Soti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux BIGGEST Problem-Must Read
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:20:51 GMT

James Morrison wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:55:43 GMT, Sudhakar Govindarajan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> I agree with the premise that windows is not what it seems to be.
> However, I have had to reinstall Mandrake 6.0 a half dozen times on a
> clean system to get it right.  When I installed 98 on a clean system
> it was usable after three reboots and the more times I rebooted, the
> better it got.  After a dozen reboots I was able to get the
> misidentified hardware straightened out.  The problems I had with
> mandrake are still a mystery to me.

In which OS do you have more experience?

Vilmos

--
Looking for a job in British Columbia.
http://members.home.net/vilmossoti/resume.html

------------------------------

From: Timo Tossavainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: ALSA
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:56:46 +0300

Use the ALSA drivers:

http://www.alsa-project.org

worked for me and it's free (and better); a bit hard to setup for a newbie
perhaps. Cracking is stealing; the author of a piece of software has every
right to ask money for it and you have the right to not use it.

Timo

------------------------------

From: jauming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [?]mount image without device
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:35:18 GMT

 subject: [?] mount image without device
howdy, how do i mount a file-system-image (root,romfs)
liked within linux-kernel-image(vmlinux)
directly without extra real device
and without using initrd
thx in advanced!:)
please also reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
regards

regards

From: Wendell Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Cracks for Linux?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:21:24 GMT

Jason Earl wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:31:15 GMT, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
> >Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
> >sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
> >Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
> >that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
> >doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I got it to work by typing in (as root):
>
> cd /
> rm -rf *
>
> After that I didn't have any problems with OSS/Linux asking me to register it.
> I think that it removes the nagware config file or something.
>
> Good Luck,
> Jason

Now THAT's mean!  (Understandable, though! ;)

--
        Wendell Craig - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The box said 'WIN95/98 or better.' so I installed LINUX!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Floyd Davidson)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Linux vs. Unix
Date: 18 Aug 1999 05:25:49 GMT

Vilmos Soti  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Chris wrote:
>>
>> Is this the same Barrow, Alsaka that's the Northernmost city in
>> America?
>>

>No. Barrow (which is the northermost city in the US) is not the
>one in America. That would go to Alert, Canada, (if we can call
>these cities...) which is way north of the (magnetic) north
>pole.

Alert, Canada???  I've never heard of it!

However, Barrow does happen to be the northern most incorporated
city in the _world_, not just North America (and on top of that,
just saying "American" as opposed to "North America" generally
is accepted to mean the USA only).

I'm not even sure there is a genuine unincorporated city that is
farther north, if we consider only permanently inhabited
population centers.  Thule Greenland and one place in Russia
might be acceptable, depending on how one wants to define it.

However, with about 5000 people, Barrow is definitely the
farthest north population center of sufficient size to clearly
be labeled a "city".

  Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

------------------------------

From: Christian Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Help edit xterm termcap, please
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 01:29:09 -0500

Hello,

I found out in the termcap file that a terminal answerback may be set
using the u8 or u9 field within the termcap definition file.  I'm not
having too much luck getting the answerback to change, and the file
itself didn'f offer an example syntax.

Does someone out there have a termcap file that has a defined
answerback, and if so, advise the group?  I have a feeling it is a
simple control character, but am not versed enough to know for sure.

Thanks!

Christian Reynolds

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Nixon)
Crossposted-To:
alt.os.linux.mandrake,athome.users-unix,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions,comp.os.linux.redhat,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: accessing windows files under linux
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:55:11 GMT

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:37:59 GMT, "Christopher Lu"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>1) Is it possible to access files created under windows 98 and stored in FAT
>32 partitions?

Yes. By default the new distro's using 2.2.x kernels, support fat 16
and 32 , right out of the box. Ignore advise about recompiling your
kernel for Fat, Vfat or NTFS support. Come to think of it, as a
newbee, ignore ALL advise about recompiling your kernel until you have
a good understanding as to whether it makes any sense, at all. Most
everything you need support for has an appropriate module that can be
loaded. Performance might be slightly better doing things the old
fashion way but it doesn't sound (3.2GB HD) like your going to worry
too much about being "lean and mean", right out of the gate.

>Would I just have to mount the specific windows partition under linux?

Initially with something like mount -t /dev/hdax /win--or whatever,
then you can add the multi boot mounts in the /etc/fstab file for boot
time mounting. Note that NTFS requires root (SU) to access and the
ntfs module loaded.

>2) Can someone offer some advice on the 539680446 gazillion packages
>available when doing a custom installation in redhat or mandrake?  I know
>it's impossible to cover every one but most of that stuff I have no idea
>what it's used for.

With the huge HD's available these days, just install everything, then
you can see what you DO and Don't want and like about linux software.
The biggest I've seen is SuSE 6.1 with a full installation of
2.5-4.5GB's but RH, Caldera and Mandrake will do the whole shootin'
match with a 2 GB /usr partition.

>3) Any suggestions on the number of and size of partitions to create when
>installing linux on a single user desktop?  Have 3.2 gigs available.

Use it all -:)

          Bob Nixon
http://members.home.net/bigrex/

------------------------------

From: "Dirk Weißer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help! AWE 32 doesn't works!
Date: 18 Aug 1999 08:44:08 +0200

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Daniel Berrettoni) writes:

> I'm installing Linux 6, but I can put the sound card Sound Blaster AWE
> 32 to make any single sound, and in Windows works all very well. What
> can I do?
>
> Irq 10
> low DMA 3
> High DMA 6
> address: 280

Have you already read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/AWE32?
This manual was helping me getting my AWE32 running.

HTH

Dirk
Dipl.-Ing. Dirk Weißer                         Tel. + 49 721/60 82 249
Abtl. Eisenbahnwesen                           Fax  + 49 721/93 81 238
Universität Karlsruhe (TH)      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

          Darum laßt uns aber wahrhaftig sein in der Liebe und wachsen
             in allen Stücken zu dem hin, der das Haupt ist, Christus.
                                                          Epheser 4,15

------------------------------

From: Alleyoop Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sb16 and midi module(can't load module midi)~!
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:21:59 +0800

Pls help,

 I am using RedHat 6.0 with the kernel 2.2.5-15 installed, there is
no problem when loading the sound & midi modules when bootup~! Recently,
have downloaded a new kernel source (version 2.2.11). I compiled it to
make my new kernel~! During 'make xconfig', I have chosen the sound card

support as modules, OSS sound modules and have the '100% Sound Blaster
Compatibles(SB16/32/64, ESS, Jazz16) support' as modules. After all, I
get
the bzImage and start to reboot my PC. After seeing the message:
"Finding
Modules dependences", I got the messages saying:

 can't locate module midi [FAIL]

It's fine to load the sound moudle.
My Sound Card is Creative 16 PnP SOUND CARD
I have used 'dmesg' which show:
Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 4.13 detected OK (220)

 Pls help to fix the problem of loading the module midi~!

Best regard
Alleyoop Sam

------------------------------

From: "Aaron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: ppp compression missing
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:27:02 +1000

I'm sorry? i dun quite understand what u've mentioned here.  could u pls
explain what will I b doing when I follow those instructions?  I also some
other vague advice that I need to recompile pppd?  as a module???

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kaz Kylheku)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:45:11 GMT

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:21:24 GMT, Wendell Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I got it to work by typing in (as root):
>>
>> cd /
>> rm -rf *
>>
>> After that I didn't have any problems with OSS/Linux asking me to register it.
>> I think that it removes the nagware config file or something.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Jason
>
>Now THAT's mean!  (Understandable, though! ;)

My experience with the proprietary OSS drivers has also led me to use rm -rf,
but only on the downloaded materials rather than the whole filesystem.

The first thing that their binary-only piece of digital trash did was promptly
lock up my kernel as soon as I opened the device. If I'm going to pay for
garbage, I might as well install Windows and use the drivers that came with the
sound card.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Re: Mandrake 6.0: Trouble with NFS (and FTP) install
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:57:45 GMT

Thanks Brett! I was totally clueless about that. Now that I think
about it, of course, it was pretty silly to just expect NFS to work on
Windows.

I too downloaded some shareware NFS server, but that didn't help, so I
tried to do an FTP install over my little 2-PC LAN (if I can call it
that), but that didn't work either. So I said the hell with it, and am
doing an FTP install from a remote server. With ADSL it's not too
slow, and it has the advantage of actually working.

Thanks for the help!
Chris

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kaz Kylheku)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:24:00 GMT

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:31:15 GMT, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
>Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
>sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
>Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
>that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
>doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I tried the 4Front technologies driver for my sound card. It locked up my
kernel hard so I never looked back at the crap again. That is just lousy
programming.

I wish that a hole in the ground would open up and swallow up these guys.  Not
only do their drivers suck, but they are also getting in the way of free sound
development by getting into bed with manufacturers who then don't want to
release specs.

------------------------------

From: Holger Burde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.security,comp.security,comp.security.unix,alt.os.linux.slackware,comp.security.misc
Subject: Re: Single user mode
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:18:56 +0100

Jacques Bourdeau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Linux box without the root password. The sysadmin who
> have install it before me go away, leaving us without root
> access to the server.
>
> I need to remove / replace / recover the password. The system is
> Linux Slackware 3.6 using shadow password.
>
> I've try to boot in single user mode ( boot: linux -s ) but can
> not edit /etc/shadow
> If I use the ROOT account, he ask me for the password and neither
> blank nor dummy password work.
> If I use a regular account, I can not edit /etc/shadow and can not
> use SU because he always ask for the root password.
>
> I need help about the single user mode ( if it's really what I
> need to replace / remove / recover the root's password ) or help
> about any other idea to access to the root account.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques Bourdeau

Get a rescue floppy (redhat,caldera,suse whatever you have) and use it
to boot. Mount the / Part.
and edit /etc/passwd or shadow.

PS I am not sure if a normal user can create boot disk - but it's worth
a try ....

hb
UNIX SysAdmin - BCI GmbH
Business: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.bci-bremen.de

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.os2.misc,comp.os.os2.apps,alt.os.linux
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (Baden Kudrenecky)
Subject: Re: Can I switch from OS/2 to Linux and be happy?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:25:35 GMT

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul Clay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Sure, I've done it (sort of).  I still miss the workplace shell (a lot),
>and setting up Linux can be a trying experience (though it keeps getting
>easier and easier), but, I finally had to acknowledge that OS/2 is going
>practically nowhere (program development seems weak to non-existent) and
>I have yet to have a misbehaving program lock up Linux (lockups still
>happen to me with Warp, mostly, but not exclusively, related to my use
>of Communicator - Linux is, in my opinion, staggeringly stable).
>
>BTW, why _is_ it that Linux is so much more stable than OS/2?  Does it

   I have had Linux lock up with the same frequency or more than
OS/2.  Just try filling up your swap partition.  Many times
Netscape 4.61 locked up on the x-server, however, one nice thing
about Linux, is that "kill -9" or a a x-server reboot cures it
all.  I think one reason that some people don't lock up the
x-server as much as PMShell, is that there is not as much to do
on the x-sever (I use KDE), however, when I have it fully loaded
with Java apps running, and many browser's windows open, then
there are frequent problems.  I even occasionally have to
reboot.

baden

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://baden.nu/
OS/2, Solaris & Linux

------------------------------

From: "Jim Ross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.os2.misc,comp.os.os2.apps,alt.os.linux
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:40:52 -0400

Baden Kudrenecky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:Pdtu3.123107$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul Clay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >Sure, I've done it (sort of).  I still miss the workplace shell (a lot),
> >and setting up Linux can be a trying experience (though it keeps getting
> >easier and easier), but, I finally had to acknowledge that OS/2 is going
> >practically nowhere (program development seems weak to non-existent) and
> >I have yet to have a misbehaving program lock up Linux (lockups still
> >happen to me with Warp, mostly, but not exclusively, related to my use
> >of Communicator - Linux is, in my opinion, staggeringly stable).
> >
> >BTW, why _is_ it that Linux is so much more stable than OS/2?  Does it
>
>    I have had Linux lock up with the same frequency or more than
> OS/2.  Just try filling up your swap partition.  Many times
> Netscape 4.61 locked up on the x-server, however, one nice thing
> about Linux, is that "kill -9" or a a x-server reboot cures it
> all.  I think one reason that some people don't lock up the
> x-server as much as PMShell, is that there is not as much to do
> on the x-sever (I use KDE), however, when I have it fully loaded
> with Java apps running, and many browser's windows open, then
> there are frequent problems.  I even occasionally have to
> reboot.
>

> baden
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://baden.nu/
> OS/2, Solaris & Linux

Baden, looking at your tagline,
can you give us a stability comparison now of Linux to
Solaris?

I haven't heard anything about Solaris but that it scales better which
doesn't matter to me, but what about stability, speed, apps, etc

Jim

------------------------------

From: Cocheese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: why not C++?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 06:30:47 GMT

Dear Linux Community;

     There has been a puzzling question on my mind for some time. First, I
admit i am no Linux Guru so this may be off the wall.

*Why Is linux done primarily in the C programming language rather than
C++?*

     Again I admit it would take a little extra work and put a minor set
back in the evolution for a month or 2, but if C++ is so much faster,
easier, and stable- WHY NOT?

     I have been a RH 6.0 user since the first week it was first released
and since then i have loved it. I am struggling with it a bit but as i
continue to learn this from an "other leading brand OS" and a full time
programmer for a large company.

  There are many differences Between the two programming languages and
there are huge advantages to C++.

 The downside is "linux has always been a C based Program so it will always
be."

*** BUT THEN AGAIN - ISN'T LINUX ALL ABOUT CHANGE? ***

-Sincerely

cocheese

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (B'ichela)
Subject: Re: Tar problem with backup/restore
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 01:07:27 -0400

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:25:58 -0400, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I'm having a problem using tar to backup & restore a file using
>floppies. I use the command tar cvMf to backup the file and tar xvMf
>to restore.  All goes well until the the last (10th) floppy of the
>restore, when I get an error message "tar: This volume is out of
>sequence".  It is however the correct floppy.  The resultant restored
>file is shorter than the original.  This is on Red Hat 5.2.
        If its any Consolation, I have the same problem with Tar on
Tapes! I believe TAr ver 1.12 has some mites reguarding multivolume
backups. I did install tar 1.13 but I have yet to try the multi=volume
backup command thats -M or --multi-volume. Does anyone have a solution
for this? I MUST back my system up sometime1!!!

--
                A pearl of wisdom from the y2K newsgroups:
Y2K appears to be the Baby Boomers mid-life crisis, and it has the

                        B'ichela
                        N O T E
                ---------------------
If [EMAIL PROTECTED] don't work try [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "Jamie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: jdk 1.1.7
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:07:34 -0400

I don't run the jdk on SuSe but on RedHat.  However, on RedHat, there is a
java interpreter that is different from the one in the jdk.  In other words,
your path may be looking in the wrong place for your java interpreter.  Find
your jdk/bin directory and do something like:

bash-prompt#  /usr/local/jdk117_v3/bin/javac ./HelloWorld.java
bash-prompt#  /usr/local/jdk117_v3/bin/java ./HelloWorld

If it then works ok, then you know it was a path problem, which you can fix
in a .<whatever_shell_you_use>rc script.  If not, at least I tried!

Good luck,

Jamie

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: Timo Tossavainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: ALSA
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:06:02 +0300

Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:56:46 +0300, Timo Tossavainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Use the ALSA drivers:
> >
> >http://www.alsa-project.org
> >
> >worked for me and it's free (and better); a bit hard to setup for a newbie
> >perhaps. Cracking is stealing; the author of a piece of software has every
> >right to ask money for it and you have the right to not use it.
>
> Does the author also have a right to engage into agreements with manufacturers
> who are then reluctant to release hardware specs to freeware competitors?

It is perhaps unethical, but I don't see why not. The consumers should use their
power and boycott the manufacturers that don't release hw specs. Too bad
intelligent consuming is as rare as it is.

Timo

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mike Delaney)
Subject: Re: Need help on installing patches..
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux,linux.redhat.misc
Date: 16 Aug 1999 02:05:49 -0600

In comp.os.linux Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: Hello,

:   I haven't installed patches in a while, and I seem to be having trouble
: doing it. I download the kernel patch from kernel.org, and renamed it
: "patch-2.2.10.gz", I then type;

: gzip -cd patch-2.2.10.gz | patch -p0

:    But..it comes back telling me it's not a valid gzip file. The file is
: listed on the website as "patch-2.2.10.gz", but when I shift-click on it,
: the download process truncates the ".gz"...I don't remember why this is.

I assume you're downloading the patch with netscape? It may actually be piping
it through gunzip, hence the .gz being removed. Try looking at the file in a
text editor. If it looks like a patch file, then it isn't compressed.
(obviously)

BTW, was it _really_ necessary to crosspost to so many groups?

------------------------------

From: Jack Zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Upgrade RPM?!
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 06:16:38 +0000

RH 5.0, Kernel 2.2.1 and RPM 2.4.10, Now I try to upgrade RPM tp 3.0
version.

I use "rpm -Uvh xxxx.rpm" command to upgrade, the error message is:

libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
patch < 2.5 conflicts with rpm-3.0.2-6.0

Seems I have to upgrade GLIBC, but what does the patch<2.5 mean? I
cannot find any patch for RH 5.0 in RH FTP site.

That's why RH sucks.

Any help??!!  Thanks a lot!  Pls also email me.

Jack

From: Jack Zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Upgrade RPM?!
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 06:36:28 +0000

Jack Zhu wrote:

Sorry, I found the patch 2.5 in RH FTP site. Sorry RH, :--)