Linux-Misc Digest #360, Volume #26               Mon, 20 Nov 00 23:13:01 EST

Contents:
  Windows Manager and Desktop Enviroment (Dan)
  Re: Hacked?  Is that the reason for my new mail problems? (Sinner from the Prairy)
  Blackbox cycle possible? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: unresolved symbols in modules after kernel recompile (Bill Unruh)
  Re: Undelete a file in Linux
  Linux terminal problems with SCO ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Understanding /proc network and other functions
  Re: Undelete a file in Linux (Jason)
  Re: Blackbox cycle possible? (Kevin Hayes)
  Re: Overhead of printer triver too high to suit me. (Dances With Crows)
  Re: Frame Buffering and Red Hat 7.0 (Dances With Crows)
  Re: Slackware, Soundcards and kernel matters... (Dances With Crows)
  Re: LILO boor menu - 2 boots for Linux (Dances With Crows)
  Re: Help with Castlewood ORB and Linksys Etherfast 10/100 NIC (Dances With Crows)
  respawning error on boot (Robert Spangler)
  Re: Can I use another distro's kernel? (Jimbob)
  Re: How could I run a perl script by crontab? (Jean-David Beyer)
  Re: Windows Manager and Desktop Enviroment ("Jan Schaumann")
  Re: Overhead of printer triver too high to suit me. (Jean-David Beyer)
  Re: Netscape 6 (Jean-David Beyer)

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:12:24 -0500
From: Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Windows Manager and Desktop Enviroment

Hi,

Few things that I'm a little confused.  Let me attempt to tell you want
I know (hopefully it's correct) and what I don't know and want to know.
If what I thought I knew is incorrect information, PLEASE CORRECT ME.

I understand that:

1) X Windows, (a.k.a. X server, X, etc.) is a graphical entity that runs
on many different Unix (and many of Unix's variants, Linux included)
systems.  Many programs that requires GUI needs X Windows to be running
first, in order for it to run, eg., netscape.  There are many different
X Windows systems available, some are free, XFree86 in particlular, and
some are commercial, Accerlerated X for example.

2) There are something called the Windows Manager (eg., Windows Maker,
After Step, fvwm, fvwm2, enlightment, sawfish, etc), and Desktop
Enviroment, a.k.a., Graphical Enviroment (eg., KDE, GNOME, etc), which
runs on top of the X Windows.  These "programs" helps the user to manage
X Windows and gives a consistent and user-friendly interface between the
computer and the user.

My questions is:
1) What is the difference between a Windows Manager and a
Desktop/Graphical Enviroment.
2) What would be a good suggestion, Windows Manager or Desktop/Graphical
Enviroment.
3) And finally, which Windows Manager or which Desktop/Graphical
Enviroment should I use.

Thanks for all info,
Dan

------------------------------

From: Sinner from the Prairy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hacked?  Is that the reason for my new mail problems?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:11:11 -0500

Harold Stevens ** PLEASE SEE SIG ** wrote:

> |> bellsouth adsl address. I don't remember the exact sub-net, but maybe I
> |> can ask.
> |> Is there a chraker at adsl-bellsouth-somewhere?

> Hard to say. But if were my property, I don't care what there are called.

> If you have logs of the probes (don't waste their time if not) and any other
> evidence of intrusion/tampering, the addy for Bell South from that Sam Spade
> (http://samspade.org/t/) listing I found is

He show me logs through the irc. Unless they have been erased, they
should definitively exist.

>         Coordinator:
>            Geurin, Joe  (JG726-ARIN)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>            678-441-7800 (FAX) 678-441-6968

> It may not be the direct route but they should forward info if needed.

OK. I'll try to contact my friend.

Thanks,
Sinner
--
http://www.geocities.com/sinner_prairy
[MaDuiXa PoWeR] http://www.maduixa.net

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.mandrake
Subject: Blackbox cycle possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:08:50 GMT

Is it possible to cycle through open windows (ala WindowMaker, win9x),
in Blackbox?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bill Unruh)
Crossposted-To: osu.sys.linux
Subject: Re: unresolved symbols in modules after kernel recompile
Date: 21 Nov 2000 01:43:32 GMT

In <8vceuc$so9$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (doug reeder)
writes:

>I'm recompiling the 2.2.12 kernel to enable support for a
>parallel port printer.  Unfortunately, this breaks everything
>that's compiled as a modules.

ALL distributions that I have every heard of support parallel port
printers out of the box. What made you think you should recompile?
Despite what some of the ancient and outdated howtos say, you almost
never should recompile your kernel. You will almost always make things
worse, rather than better.
(Yes, it is possible to recompile one's kernel and have it work.
)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: Undelete a file in Linux
Date: 21 Nov 2000 01:59:04 GMT

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:38:12 -0600, Jason
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>. . .   What really bothers me . . . is
>the amount of NO answeres this thread
received.  It seems like that just
>because most people dont know how to
do it, they instantly spout off that
>it cant be done.

Before people get around to learning Midnight
Commander, many are probably trying to
approach Linux with O'Reilly's Learning
Red Hat Linux (or similar).

On p. 92 in that book, the author writes,
"WARNING Once you remove a Linux file, its
contents are lost forever. Be careful to avoid
removing a file that contains needed
information."

On p. 140 discussing the Gnome file manager
he gives a similar warning.

I don't know why it says this
when Midnight Commander has been around for
years -- maybe it's just to make people
be careful -- but it's probably the source
of a lot of the "no" answers here.
That book is a bible to a lot of folks
when they start out and it's generally
helpful, just not in this case.

MP

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux terminal problems with SCO
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:51:14 GMT

Does any body know how to get a linux native character terminal to
work properly with a SCO server ???

I already tried installing the linux term. definition in the SCO server
using tic and initializing my terminal type with TERM=linux in
my .profile file and using tset also.... but I still have some control
keys that don't work properly like backspace( sends break), PgUP and
PgDown ,etc.

  I'm doing a telnet or rlogin from a Linux Red Hat 6.2 machine into
a SCO 5.0.2 server. I almost tried most of the suggestions posted in
all the Linux Forums, but nothing seems to solve the problem..

   Has any body been able to overcome or solve this problem ??

   Any suggestions will be highly appreciated..

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: Understanding /proc network and other functions
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:00:39 GMT

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:09:49 GMT,
mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    I would like to get info / doc
on using the /proc filesystem. . .

man proc

------------------------------

From: Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:45:46 -0600

Poke around in it a little. Here is a hint,  look under commands in the
drop down menu.

--
Jason
      www.cyborgworkshop.com

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.mandrake
Subject: Re: Blackbox cycle possible?
From: Kevin Hayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 21 Nov 2000 12:08:25 +1000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Is it possible to cycle through open windows (ala WindowMaker, win9x),
> in Blackbox?
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

bbkeys works well, it needs a .bbkeysrc in ~/ and works really well, you
can simply edit .bbkeysrc to define your key combinations.

ps i also use bbdate and bbmail, which work really well with blackbox,
definitely the fastest and best window manager i've seen...

--
Kevin Hayes
Freshwater, Australia

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Subject: Re: Overhead of printer triver too high to suit me.
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:30:18 GMT

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:50:29 -0500, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
>When I print (Red Hat Linux 6.0, Dual 550MHz Pentium III
>processors), the system time jumps up to over 50%. That is a
>heck of a lot of system time for an essentially 1100MHz system.
>
>I have a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 660Cse printer connected to
>the parallel port. Right now, I am not printing, am running two
>instances of SetiAtHome and this Netscape and the system time
>is only around 6%. The gs process (that was filtering the
>output of Acrobat, but Acrobat had already exited) only takes
>about 14% of the machine, so the rest must be in the printer
>driver or something. Could I have made a configuration error or
>something? Why would the driver (if it is the driver) consuming
>so much CPU time? Can I do anything about it?

tunelp /dev/lp0 -T on

Try that and see.  The lp module, by default, uses polling mode on the
parallel port.  This works, but it's very inefficient.  Turning on
interrupt-driven mode will reduce the amount of time your system is
polling the port, which will probably make printing faster.  HTH, bonne
chance....

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /  Workin' in a code mine, hittin' Ctrl-Alt
http://www.brainbench.com     /   Workin' in a code mine, whoops!
=============================/    I hit a seg fault....

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,alt.linux,linux.redhat
Subject: Re: Frame Buffering and Red Hat 7.0
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:30:22 GMT

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:25:50 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I was installing Red Hat 7.0 this weekend and noticed something bad
>about the installer. The Xconfigurator doesn't probe my card anymore
>like v6.1 -&- 6.2. HA! I even used XF86Setup and it crapped out... just
>a grey screen with the X for the mouse.

Did you install X 4.0?  Use xf86config.  It's a text-only configuration
utility, but it Just Works.  It helps if you know what video card you
have under the hood.

>Which led me back to Frame Buffering....
>From what I know about frame buffering, it allows the OS to access the
>video card without having to use drivers.

No.  A framebuffer device uses the framebuffer driver, which is
different for different architectures.  There is one x86 framebuffer
driver, another one for Sun hardware, another for PPC, etc.  There is a
special X-server called the Framebuffer X-server that you use with this
framebuffer device driver.  On x86, at least, the framebuffer is *much*
slower than a normal X-server.  This is because normal X-servers make
use of all kinds of video-card specific tricks to speed up graphics
output, while framebuffer servers can't do such things.

>WHICH MEANS: Any monitor or video card can be used and you get great
>output. Switch monitors??? Doesn't matter...

...at 60Hz vertical refresh rate, which irritates some people.

>I have already checked out the HOW-TO but was unfortunate that it was
>so dry that it changed the humidity in my house.

The framebuffer device is marked "EXPERIMENTAL" in the 2.2.x kernel
series.  I have no idea why this is so, but I imagine it's so people who
don't know what they're doing don't shoot their systems in the foot with
it.

If you could post the make and model of your video card, I think someone
here could give you a step-by-step guide to getting your video card
working.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Subject: Re: Slackware, Soundcards and kernel matters...
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:30:29 GMT

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:43:32 GMT, Sebastian Palm wrote:
[sound problems snipped]
>Next, the 2.4.0-test9 kernel. It looks good, it starts good  -
>but where oh where did my modules go? I can find the files,
>but modprobe has turned blind.

/usr/src/linux-2.4.0-testXX/Documentation/Changes

says "upgrade your modutils package, along with 5 or 6 other utilities"
and gives URLs to where you can get these things from.  The new modutils
will work just fine with an older kernel tree, should you decide to go
back to 2.2.x for whatever reason.  HTH, good luck, if it's just USB you
need, GET THE BACKPORT FOR THE 2.2.X SERIES!  http://linux-usb.org/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Subject: Re: LILO boor menu - 2 boots for Linux
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:30:33 GMT

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:29:23 -0000, Jeff Chandler wrote:
>I have a question, hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer.
>Just bought Linux Mandrake 7.2 and installed onmy Cyrix PR233 MMX system and
>in the LILO boot menu that comes up, there are 2 different  boot kernels
>there.
>1. vmlinux - normal graphic boot
>2. vmlinux-nonfb - text boot
>
>now from the 1st boot option (which is default after installatin) I cannot
>get the Xwindows to come up after boot completes. Boot goes just fine and I
>see all the boot messages but the video goes dead, monitor light goes amber
>and never comes back after trying to go to Xwindows.
>However, in option 2, everything is fine. What does the nonfb mean in this??
>Could this be related to the age of my system and the hardware? I run S3
>VirgeDX video card with 4 meg of memory.

"normal graphic boot" is anything but.  What your system is doing when
you choose "1" is to start up a framebuffer immediately after boot, then
try to draw a penguin logo and the normal text messages to that
framebuffer.  That works, but apparently the framebuffer text console
and the S3 X server can't coexist and both of them die violently when X
starts.

Some video cards are like this; there's no real way around it.  If you
have a CRT and a video card that X supports, there's very little point
to the framebuffer text console unless you can't live without the bootup
penguin logo.  (LCDs and non-x86 architectures can benefit greatly from
the framebuffer, though.)  "Boot with '2' until you can edit the LILO or
GRUB config file to remove choice 1 entirely" is my advice.  HTH,

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Help with Castlewood ORB and Linksys Etherfast 10/100 NIC
Date: 21 Nov 2000 02:57:19 GMT

[NGs trimmed]
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:01:46 -0500, Tagbo Ekwueme-Okoli wrote:
>I am building a 600 MHz Duron machine and I have purchased an IDE Castlewood
>ORB drive. Does anyone know how to get it working in Linux?

Hook it up to somewhere (/dev/hdd, maybe?), insert a formatted ORB disk,
and do
  mkdir /mnt/orb      (only do this once!)
  mount -t vfat /dev/hdd /mnt/orb
then you should be able to access the thing via /mnt/orb.  You must
umount the disk before ejecting it.  If it won't work, modprobe
ide-floppy.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to boot the system with
hdd=ide-scsi as a boot parameter, load the ide-scsi, scsi_mod, and
sd_mod modules, then mount /dev/sda .  Basically, it should work just
like a ZIP or JAZ disk.

>In addition, I have an old PC that I want to convert to Linux, but it
>wont recognize the Linksys Etherfast 10/100 NIC that I have installed.
>I have tried to initialize it with the tulip driver but it fails
>everytime. I am trying to install Linux Mandrake 7.2.

If you could post the results of "cat /proc/pci" that directly concern
your network card, I think someone could help you.  Or search Deja for
info on "linksys" and see what you come up with?

BTW, don't crosspost to so many bloody groups!  It's bad nettiquette.

From: Robert Spangler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: respawning error on boot
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:07:00 -0500

I seem to have a problem when I reboot my system I receive the following
error:

        INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes

I just upgrade my system from RH 6.1 and KDE1 to RH 6.2 and KDE2

Anyone have any ideal why this is happening?

Thnx

------------------------------

From: Jimbob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Can I use another distro's kernel?
Date: 21 Nov 2000 14:16:37 +1100

Andrew Purugganan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A friend just gave me a Corel Linux CD, supposedly built off of Debian,
> with a kernel having a higher release level than mine. I currently have
> Mandrake 6.0 with the 2.2-13mdk. WOuld it be possible to "import" the
> kernel? Should I get the source and recompile on my machine?

> I ask this because the CD claims it supports HSP modems right out of the
> box. And for the longest time, I've been trying to get mine to work using
> pctel.o but somehow insmod isn't enough (IRQ? who knows?) to get it
> working. Thanks for any help, I'd really like to avoid a complete reinstall

> --
> jazz
> Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386
> Doesn't it bother you, that we have to search for intelligent life
> --- OUT THERE??

Any kernel source can be used with any distrabution.
*                                                  *
*   "Sudden success in golf is like the sudden     *
*    acquisition of wealth. It is apt to unsettle  *
*    and deteriorate the character"                *
*                                                  *

From: Jean-David Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How could I run a perl script by crontab?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:24:05 -0500

Jan Schaumann wrote:

> * "Jean-David Beyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Martin Bock wrote:

> >> You're absolutely wrong, man, have a look at the headers of this
> >> posting ;-)
> >
> > Peter may have been commenting on my remark that the original post was
> > in HTML with a green background.
>
> Which is freaky in so far, as that I just had changed the default color
> for qutoed text from blue to... guess what... green! :)
>
> Jean-David, you are using the wrong delimiter for your signature - you
> should use "-- " instead of "--"

I know, but I cannot do anything about it. Seems to be a bug in Netscape,
even version 4.76. I think all the 4.7*'s have it, and perhaps all the 4.*
for all I know.

--
 .~.   Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
 /V\                              Registered Machine    73926.

------------------------------

From: "Jan Schaumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows Manager and Desktop Enviroment
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:27:37 -0500

* "Dan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Few things that I'm a little confused.  Let me attempt to tell you want
> I know (hopefully it's correct) and what I don't know and want to know.
> If what I thought I knew is incorrect information, PLEASE CORRECT ME.
>
> I understand that:
>
> 1) X Windows, (a.k.a. X server, X, etc.) is a graphical entity that runs
> on many different Unix (and many of Unix's variants, Linux included)
> systems.  Many programs that requires GUI needs X Windows to be running
> first, in order for it to run, eg., netscape.  There are many different
> X Windows systems available, some are free, XFree86 in particlular, and
> some are commercial, Accerlerated X for example.

Correct.

> 2) There are something called the Windows Manager (eg., Windows Maker,
> After Step, fvwm, fvwm2, enlightment, sawfish, etc), and Desktop
> Enviroment, a.k.a., Graphical Enviroment (eg., KDE, GNOME, etc), which
> runs on top of the X Windows.  These "programs" helps the user to manage
> X Windows and gives a consistent and user-friendly interface between the
> computer and the user.

Correct again - so far I'm very impressed - most newbies (pardon me, but
it sounds like thats what you are) don't get that right. So, good job
there! ;-)

> My questions is:
> 1) What is the difference between a Windows Manager and a
> Desktop/Graphical Enviroment.

A Window Manager is in charge of the (d'uh) windows, the graphical desktop
if you will. It specifies how things in general and windows in particular
behave. In general, their main job is to take care of the "decorations"
of windows, the background images, and things like task-bars and the
like.

A Desktop Environemnt on the other hand usually comes with a certain
default windowmanager, but this windowmanager can be exchanged for any
other window-manager. Furthermor, a desktop environment tries to provide a
consistent look and feel to all it's applications - for example all
KDE-apps are programmed using Qt, while all GNOME apps are programmed
using GTK. These Environments also include various different standards,
so that you will always find a certain menu-item in the same spot, named
with the same name, as well as a standards-conform help-menu (for
example).

> 2) What would be a good suggestion, Windows Manager or Desktop/Graphical
> Enviroment.

that depends solely on your personal preference - take a look at
http://www.PLiG.org/xwinman/ for a list of the main window managers.
Well, there are of course memory-constraints: if, for example, you are
low on memory, you do not want to run something that does a lot of
cpu-intesive graphical rendering all the time, but you want to use a
small windowmanager instead.

> 3) And finally, which Windows Manager or which Desktop/Graphical
> Enviroment should I use.

Same question as 2, basically.
Depends on what you like. kwm, KDE's default windowmanager, is very
comfortable for people coming from winworld. GNOME, IIRC, now ships with
sawfish, but used to come with enlightenment. Enlightenment is major
Eye-Candy, but can be a little hard on the memory.
If you want something *completely* different from what you're used from
winworld, try AfterStep or WindowMaker - extremely confugrable and very
different. Very nice.

IMHO, the different windowmanagers are yet another great reason to use a
unix - you have control over what things look like and how they behave! :)

Have fun.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann <http://www.netmeister.org>

Fry: "Hey, you guys, the most amazing thing happened, it's two-for-one
Tuesday at Krispy Kreme! Plus there's mermaids."

------------------------------

From: Jean-David Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:35:02 -0500

Dances With Crows wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:50:29 -0500, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> >When I print (Red Hat Linux 6.0, Dual 550MHz Pentium III
> >processors), the system time jumps up to over 50%. That is a
> >heck of a lot of system time for an essentially 1100MHz system.
> >
> >I have a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 660Cse printer connected to
> >the parallel port. Right now, I am not printing, am running two
> >instances of SetiAtHome and this Netscape and the system time
> >is only around 6%. The gs process (that was filtering the
> >output of Acrobat, but Acrobat had already exited) only takes
> >about 14% of the machine, so the rest must be in the printer
> >driver or something. Could I have made a configuration error or
> >something? Why would the driver (if it is the driver) consuming
> >so much CPU time? Can I do anything about it?
>
> tunelp /dev/lp0 -T on
>
> Try that and see.

tunelp is not on my system. At another person's suggestion, I made my
/etc/conf.modules look like this:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7

I then did:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd stop
/sbin/rmmod -a
/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd start

This reduced the system time somewhat. Now it seems the gs process (converts
from postscript to Hewlett Packard Deskjet 660Cse code) is what hogs the CPU;
it uses mostly system time, which confuses me. If I did a lot of printing, I
would get a postscript printer, I guess. I wonder if they make cheap ones at
least as good as the 660Cse (the minimum tolerable quality, I guess).

> The lp module, by default, uses polling mode on the
> parallel port.  This works, but it's very inefficient.  Turning on
> interrupt-driven mode will reduce the amount of time your system is
> polling the port, which will probably make printing faster.

It does not make the printing faster in any case. The printer is inherently
slow (putting down all those tiny dots one at a time, I assume, and making
several passes for color, I expect). What I wanted to do is reduce the wasted
CPU time.

> HTH, bonne
> chance....
>
> --
> Matt G|There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

That must be the lighting in the work areas at Microsoft: they cannot see
design faults, misunderstandings, or blunders.

> Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /  Workin' in a code mine, hittin' Ctrl-Alt
> http://www.brainbench.com     /   Workin' in a code mine, whoops!
> -----------------------------/    I hit a seg fault....

I wish I could get more uptime, but the power company shut me down for longer
than my UPS batteries could tolerate, so I start over again. I think I got up
to about 40 days one time. Power around here is not too good. >>>---|

 .~.   Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
 /V\                              Registered Machine    73926.
/( )\  Shrewsbury, New Jersey
^^-^^  10:25pm up 7:38, 2 users, load average: 2.34, 2.24, 1.95

------------------------------

From: Jean-David Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Netscape 6
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:36:24 -0500

Dan Allen wrote:

> I know it is ridculous, the the absolute best way to run this netscape 6
> is to install it in your /home/ directory somewhere.

Great, but I have several users and I refuse to give each of them their own
separate copy.

--
 .~.   Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
 /V\                              Registered Machine    73926.
/( )\  Shrewsbury, New Jersey
^^-^^  10:35pm up 7:48, 2 users, load average: 2.17, 2.14, 2.02