On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Chris Ball <c...@laptop.org> wrote:

> I wonder if we should start an MMC userspace tools repository containing
> code for features like the cmd passthrough ioctl, secure erase/trim/discard
> requests, and debugging output of the type this patch provides.  On the
> other hand, maybe existing similar tools should just be modified to
> learn about how to deal with MMC?

Go for mmc-tools.git

People might have a lot of useful stuff to throw in there...
And I easily see this thing being picked up by distros.

If for nothing else it's an opportunity to exercise using Pöttering
and Sievers libabc as basis for some kind of userspace lib.
http://lwn.net/Articles/465093/

Just my €0.01.

Linus Walleij