On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Sergey Suleymanov wrote:
>  Bart> Attached is a quick&dirty "proof of concept" 64-bit file offset
>  Bart> patch. Of course it will need to be changed to be compatible
>  Bart> with older libc's and kernels.
>         I hope this will be compile-time option. I'm using mars_nwe
>         for file sharing and it use regular offsets for locking.

mars clears the highest bit in locks offset - see nwshare.c file.
I've added 64bit locking to mars but I haven't public the patch
so far because I haven't time to change the method of file share mode
emulation. I want to make it samba compatible. If anyone on the list
is similar with samba code and can help it will be nice.
Last week Bart's sent patch for full 32bit locks in DOSEMU so I think it's
time to realize my changes to mars to make it compatible.
I will do that to the end of next week.

best regards,
Przemek