Hi Stas,

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Stas Sergeev wrote:

> -D9+M might be sufficient.

Attached.

> > ERROR: CS selector invalid: 0x0073, type=0 np=1
> > leavedos(36|0x24) called - shutting down
> > ERROR: leavedos() called from within a signal context!
> Doesn't look like a segfault actually, just
> a termination due to a failed sanity check.

When I say segfault I mean that Linux says 'segfault' and suddenly I'm
not looking at a dosemu screen any more, I'm  back to the Linux shell.
So I guess I mean segfault.  :)

> Please open the bug report at BTS at first
> so that the problem won't escape.

Done.

> -D9+M log would be nice, but some test-case would be even better
> (attach either to the bug report).

I haven't attached anything to the bug report.  It took nearly an hour
to get the report in there so at that point I quit while I was ahead.

It's very easy to reproduce the segfault, all you have to do is start
the compiler and dosemu crashes.  If you want a copy of the executable
I'm sure it's OK for me to send it.  I don't think the copyright owner
has been dead for 50 years but I don't think he's going to sue me. :)
It's about 170kB so I haven't attached it to this message.

> And if you can do a binary search in CVS and locate the offending
> patch - that would be really great.

I have no idea what I'd be looking for.  If you can give me a clue I
might be able to have a look, but I'm afraid I can't afford to spend
hours wandering around in the source tree looking for a needle in a
haystack.

73,
Ged.