Thanks to everyone that replied.

> There's more to it: you need to set up a network
> interface. Read Chapter
> 15 of Readme.txt
> http://dosemu.sourceforge.net/docs/README/1.2/t1.html
> for details.

Gotcha.  I followed the second option for setting up TUN/TAP support.  I
used tunctl to setup a persistent tap device (tun0) and I used the -u
option followed by the username that will be running dosemu.  I then did
an "ifconfig tap0 192.168.1.13 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast
192.168.1.255" so that it would talk with my network (my server is
192.168.1.12).  Now if I do an ifconfig, I can see the tap0 device with
the proper ip, netmask, and broadcast addresses.

Now I'm a bit confused as to what needs to be setup by my DOS network
client.  Originally, I assumed that dosemu would be similar to vmware,
in that I would need to load a dos network driver.  But, as you stated,
I won't need to load a network driver.  However, the first set of
instructions for TUN/TAP support instruct the user to "Configure the DOS
network clients to have another IP address within the same domain".  I'm
a bit confused as to what will need to be loaded on the dos client in
order for it to network.

> Bridging comes in handy if you're talking to the
> outside world
> http://edeca.net/articles/bridging/
> says how this works in user mode linux (UML). DOSEMU > works likewise.

So then with the above setup I will only be able to communicate with the
machine I'm running dosemu on?  But in order to communicate with the
rest of th 192.168.1.x subnet I will have to bridge tap0 with another
ethernet device (i.e. eth0)?  And then the dosghsrv can recieve requests
from the ghost clients to broadcast the ghost images via multicast?