On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Tom Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 2.2.16-22 (Redhat Guiness) on a PC and
> wanna upgrade to 2.4.3. Unfourtunately I get Unable to
> open Ncurses libraries Error 1 if I make make menuconfig.
> I read around the web and found that I've to install the devel
> pack of ncurses too. No results, even if I do a make clean all
> in /usr/src/linux/scripts/lxdialog. If I make a make xconfig I get an
> tkpares.o not found error 127. Can anyone point me to a page
> or give me some hints how to fix this?

Firstly this problem need not stop you from proceeding, use the other option.

make config

As to your problem, are you sure ncurses was installed correctly.?
How did you install ncurses.??

ls -al /usr/lib/libn*
Should show you the details and the date shown on the symbolic links
will show you the date and time it was installed.

If you did not reboot after the install, does it work after you type (as root);
ldconfig  ??

AFAIK, the supplied ncurses package with Redhat 7 should allow you to use
menuconfig.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]