On Mon, 21 May 2001, you wrote:
> Not to offend anyone, but in RedHat 7.0 (and 7.1) /etc/inetd.conf is
> obsoleted for the xinetd structure.  The primary file (which contains almost
> nothing but an include) is /etc/xinetd.conf.  The action occurs inside
> /etc/xinetd.d/*

Thats why i said, if my advice on ipchains is not correct then the answer
possably will lye in "xinetd". Which was the problem as it happend.

Its one of those system spesific things, we all tend to think ah!, its that
file on y system but its not always that way.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]