Hi Jim,

Our local mom-and-pop isp sold out about a year ago.  Other than less
support, more times when I'm unable to dial in and connect, and a
general profit-first, service-second attitude, I haven't had any
problems dialing in with my FreeBSD PPP server.  My connect speeds as
reported are generally higher, and I'm still using all of the same
software as I did before...the Earthlink disk is mostly customized
versions of existing programs, i.e. Windows Exploder, Netscrape, etc.

We don't have DSL yet, although our phone company is offering DSL, and
our cable company has cable modem service.  If it wasn't for changing
email addresses AGAIN I'd dump E-link for one of the other providers
offering high speed access.

John K0MXL