edit the /etc/modules.conf file ( or conf.modules on older systems)
look for a line that looks like this,

alias eth0 (some module name)

make it look like this,
(if it's not there add this one)

alias eth0 3c59x

this tells it to load that module when initializing that interface.

--
Free linux help on #linux @ irc.axenet.org
http://www.axenet.org/chatnow/chat.php?channel=linux