--- Shane McKeown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What all is on the D: Drive?
> You say your 'Profile' data.  If this is all, there
> is no way that your profile will take up 8GB at any
> time!

Hi Shane,

Thank You very much for the prompt reply. My D drive
contains a directory called "Documents And Settings"
and also, some directories are mounted remotely in it.
D occupies only 70Mb. Also I don't know what is done
in WIN2k to control the remote mounting things. Also
there is one small partition (15Mb or so) which is
also in the extended partition. It is a 12bit FS and
cant be listed in the directory listings. I don't know
what that is for. Also there is a 500 Mb rescue
partition which also does not get listed. I am
absolutely unaware of how to proceed.

Gopakumar