Hi, Ray:

Yes, I guess I clicked 'reply' rather than 'reply-all'.
Thanks for relying 'to the list'. :-|

Ray Olszewski wrote:

> Chuck -- I assume your sending this to me personally was just a typo, so
> Iave added the list back into my reply.

<snip>
> >part    boot    device  start   stop    size    mount
> >1       *       /hda1   1       64      528M    /
> >2               /hda2   65      96      257M    swap
> >3               /hda3   96      1048    7.9G    /usr
>
> You may find it inconvenient to have this small a root (/) partition on
> your system. I know I would, This is why I suggested earlier making hda1
> even smaller and mounting it as /boot, then having a later hda* partition
> be your system root.

 I checked my last install partitioned as above;
'/' was less than 55 Megabytes and '/usr' was just under 1 gigabyte.

Now "dev/hda1 mounted as /" is 11% used and
    "dev/hda3 mounted as /usr" is 10% used.
I'm comfy for now, but I think all my log files will be filling
up my "/var" something or other under "/". :-|

I'll try to boot this evening.
Ray is probably asleep at this time. ;-)

G'night, G'morning, or G'day, depending on what part of the
world your in. ;-)
Chuck