Hi Riley and Richard,

I guess I was thinking along the right lines when I mounted
the 7.2 version whilst running the 6.1 version except that I
probably didn't mount it correctly because it didn't show up
in the /mnt directory. I'd like to down all of it and
restart ( to include a dos partition as first partition )
but this is now impractical. I'll try again to get 7.2 to
re-install and if it complies , then armed with both your
suggestions ( for which I thank you ) perhaps this time I'll
succeed.

Luckily ( for other reasons ) this cluster box is off line
and I have complete backups for both ax25 and cluster
softwares so I *could* completely re-install the current
stuff if necessary.

- Regards Colin