At 01:22 PM 8/17/02 -0400, Chuck Gelm wrote:
>Howdy, Y'all:
>
>  I have a commercial CD-ROM disc that resists being copied.
>(using Eazy-CD-Creator v4.02 & Windows98se & CD-ROM R/W drive)
>
>  It is used very frequently and I'd like to create a backup
>and store the original in a safe place.
>
>  I have a linux 'file server' system with a CD-ROM read-only drive.
>
>Can I create an '.iso' image of the original CD-ROM disc
>using linux utilities/applications that can be 'burned'
>with my Windows CD-ROM-writer software?
>If 'yes', how or where to go for more information? ;-)

Resistance is futile? Prepare to be assimilated?

Ok, seriously. Without knowing what makes this particular CD "difficult" in
a Windows setting, it is difficult to say for sure.

Can you mount the CD under Linux? (This will check if it is a standard iso CD.)

With the CD in the drive but NOT mounted, does this command work:

         dd if=/dev/cdrom of=./cdrom_image.iso

(you may need to replace /dev/cdrom with something else, if your system
does not use that symlink)?

If you can create an iso image with the suggested command, then you can
burn it onto a CD using Linux tools like cdrecord. Though I've used Windows
CD burning software (I think the "Eazy-CD-Creator" package you refer to) at
client sites, I'm not sufficiently familiar with it to know what sorts of
source files it can burn from.