Try using this command:

mkisofs -J -r -l -allow-lowercase -V "CD label" -o image.iso /mnt/cdrom

and you can mount this file system using...

mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro image.iso /mnt/cdromproof

If you want burn in linux..

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 image.iso

speed would be= 2,4,8,12,16

If you have got problems just tell me..